Sunday, July 23, 2006

Now I Feel Bad

At the time I was like, Whatever. But I was reviewing the scene again in my head, and suddenly I realized that I must have been fully responsible for one man's mortification.

[At the pig race. I thought I was whispering; but my voice apparently carries.]
"Hey. That guy just used his pointing at the sky as an excuse to cut in front of me." The man was talking about how it looked like rain.
"Do you think you could say that any louder?"
"Whatever. Maybe it'll make him move."

The man moved off a few seconds later...and for some reason, I didn't connect the two events until now. I'm an asshole.

While we're on the subject of the fair: when I came home I found I had been wearing a chunk of funnel-cake powdered sugar on my face for the last few hours. I guess it serves me right for being an asshole. At any rate, I'm assuming my brother didn't see it, because if he did I hope he would have told me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home