Monday, July 24, 2006

Dating Experiment, Data Set 1

Remember the experiment I said I would do, in which I try immediately assaulting a potential honey with talk about commitment? Sounds like a bad idea - in fact, the worst idea - in theory, but in practice, it's not that bad. That one friend's friend who advised me on the matter was totally right: some boys, especially lazy ones, could get commitment-phobic if they predict poor returns for their investment (ie if I seem flakey and noncommittal).

If you think about it, it makes sense: while we all may or may not have various issues about our own willingness to commit, none of us, I would think, wants to be the party whom the OTHER person thinks isn't worth committing to.

My latest endeavor offers a tentative confirmation. I told him straight off that I'm tired of being a player, and I'm only looking for something stable now; flakes need not apply. The response was positive. He assured me that he was different from other guys, and he wanted someone stable too. Granted, it could have been just a line; but the important thing to observe is that he didn't run away screaming, as one might think he would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home