Friday, July 07, 2006

One More Thing

There's also one more thing that's probably making me feel more compassionate toward the right in general these days: my environment. LA is true diversity. Not only have I had a political debate with a hardcore Republican (here, it's possible to do this with respect and restraint; I was pleasantly surprised), but I've also conversed with left extremists who say that most Americans should get their voting privileges revoked because they're too stupid to vote the "right" way and should leave the big decisions to smart people who won't get swayed by the media. Excuse me? I ventured. Are you trying to tell me that you actually READ the text of all the measure and bill proposals, without listening to any of the ads or debates? No, of course not. I've tried it before, and I've read enough to know that that's impossible.

So if I had to pick between the former and the latter, I think I'd rather live in a society with stupid, simple conservatives than the hyper-intellectual commie liberals. I learned that sometimes you can be smarter, but still not reasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home