Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A (Now) Rarity for the Initiated

All this talk about Quebec made me remember a certain conversation about this year's Canadian elections, that encapsulates the type of "little things" which, accumulated, help paint a fuller picture of why I find this so insufferable.

As if I haven't thrown out enough hate in this arena already.

A: Did you vote?
B: Yeah, I sent in an absentee ballot.
A: Good! Because, you know, you're about 1% of the population, and 2% of the vote. :-D
B: Haha. You think 50 of us actually voted?
C: Oh come on, that's your whole country! You know it's true, literally NO ONE lives in Canada. And for good reason, too, there's nothing there.

Notes:
- There are some things that can't be literalized.
- If you're going to repeat my exact same joke, at least don't make it LESS funny.
- In general, "doesn't get it" is the cardinal quality of a douchebag. I can't quite explain why it has to be such a terrible thing, and yet, in my book, douchebag is one of the worser things you can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home