Monday, June 20, 2005

Recurring Dream

I have only one recurring dream, and that is that I'm taking a poo upon a very public toilet that, strangely, doesn't have an enclosing stall. I'm always perched on that seat feeling embarrassed and wondering why people aren't laughing at me, but the throngs that surround me are hardly perturbed. They definitely notice me, and often we make eye contact; but I'm the only one who seems to think that there's anything wrong with the scenario. Sometimes it takes place in some public square, like at school; and last night, it took place in a restroom with other people taking poos right beside me; and so on and so forth. In the case of last night, I was doubly embarrassed because it turned out I was in the restroom that belonged to the opposite sex.

Someone once told me that the standard interpretation of this dream is that I'm afraid of vulnerability and exposure. This makes sense, because following that dream last night of my public poo was another dream in which I was a vampire Slayer, discovering and eradicating a race of vampire rats. I read somewhere that dreams of infestation, involving rats and other vermin, signify a fear of invasion.

But, if I'm so afraid of exposure, WHY WOULD I KEEP A BLOG? I think I'm a pretty open and talkative person about my feelings and my personal life. I like to share, and I hope to be a writer someday. What would I be afraid of?

The answer is clear; those quack psychologists best come up with a different interpretation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home