Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dillinger Escape Plan (Sigh)

I heard a new band today that I liked. Sadly, it confirmed for me that no matter how old and mature and tubby I get - no matter how much punk or rockabilly or jazz or hip hop or NEWS I dig - there's a part of me that will never, ever change. It's like I'm beyond self-improvement.

I gravitated again to the most embarrassing of my old passions: metal. What an odd twist of events that I found out about Gigantour through the Dillinger Escape Plan website - the band that was a breath of fresh air for me today! Gigantour, which by some huge irony I never heard of, even though it's being headlined by THREE of my old favorites: Megadeth, Dream Theater, and Nevermore. Megadeth and Dream Theater I once loved so much that I would have sold my soul for them (to use metal-speak).

Fell back onto old habits. I'm immutable. Or incorrigible.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my MCAT score today. Let's just say that I will not ever have to take that test again!

2:27 PM, June 16, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

Congratulations!!

4:51 PM, June 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home