Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I Need to Leave the House

I found myself thinking of a little ditty today, one that I've never even heard:

"Well, here's another clue for you all, the Walrus was Paul."

In Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ferris says, "I quote John Lennon, 'I don't believe in Beatles... I just believe in me.' A good point there. After all, he was the walrus."

Ah-ha! Not that I'm the first to notice. But I remember that I did notice it all on my own.

So here I am, replaying songs I've never heard and John Hughes bloopers in my head, thinking about the Walrus as a death symbol and the 1967 hoax that Paul McCartney was dead, and how did such a hoax even come about, who thought of it and WHY, and how did it anticipate so accurately the sentiment that was to occur with the real deaths of icons, years later (Elvis, Tupac)? All these questions decisively point to the fact that I am deprived of human conversation and company and and I need to leave my room, soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home