Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fun Day!

I went surfing today, and didn't get totally annihilated. I only got sort of annihilated. After last week's closed-out sets, on which I foolishly persevered, I had lost a lot of hope of ever having fun on the waves again. Luckily, either I improved, or today's sets were much more manageable. Next time I go...who knows, sky's the limit!

I have a new break, and a new love: I love, love, LOVE Huntington Beach. That's where I'll live when I grow up. It has all the comforts of the slow-paced, reasonably uncongested, strip-malled suburbs, but it's also close enough to LA. I also hear there's quite a local punk scene in HB (and Long Beach). Add to that, there's a doggie beach (like a dog park, but on the beach; not to mention there's ANOTHER dog park a few blocks in), so what improvement could one possibly dream for? Oh I know, how about a long stretch of serene, longboarding surf? HB's Bolsa Chica State Park provides just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home