Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Can't Sleep

I'm reminded of that day in German class when we were learning the verb "to look for," I think, and our practice exercise was to write a personals-type thing describing our ideal mate. I think I might have mentioned it before, actually. The final product stated that my ideal mate was a man who reads no books, plays the guitar, and loves dogs. I still stand by that claim, incidentally, except that now I think I might get along better with a cat person than a dog person, since I'm already the dog person. Anyways, while we were working in groups and brainstorming our presentation, German Teacher came by and remarked that he expected I should come up with a really good one. I said, in order to do that, I'll need to know the German word for "rash." Haha! He tried to give me a stern reprimanding look as he alleged he didn't know the word for rash...

Why am I reminded of this conversation? Because I have a rash so big I can't sleep! No, no, it's no the sexy kind of rash I wanted to express in German. Rather, this is a no-holds outbreak of hives. I think it's something I ate. I used to get these reactions a lot when I was a kid, but it's definitely been a while and I was not expecting to be this miserable now when I chomped into that chicken-bacon-ranch Subway sandwich tonight, and washed it down with milk. It seems like it should have been harmless enough, but then again you never know with vegetables. That spinach I had them throw on there could have been of the poo-smeared variety, for all I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home