Saturday, August 25, 2007

Aversion to Computers

How bad of me to neglect posting these last few days. That sudden aversion to computers I wrote about - and perhaps more specificially that aversion to computer screens - still has me in thrall. I believe I have a lot of good stuff to share about my discomfort with authority figures, which I've been giving some thought to lately, especially since the authority figures in my present work have started to suck pretty hard. Long story short (because I may not ever get around to writing about it), the way my firm operates is that the partners do work only once a week, on Fridays. The rest of the days they're off camping and hiking and shit...no, I mean literally. Then they finally come into the office on Friday morning and find a pile of work that should have been addressed a long time ago, and so they devote all of Friday afternoon yelling at everyone else about how there's an "emergency," because the absolute last deadline to get this or that filed is in two hours. Oh, and it needs to be hand delivered in two hours...to San Francisco. What, that's not possible? Why am I surrounded by fucking morons? Get me someone who has a brain!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cephalopod said...

This is probably why the labor movement has been suffering such massive setbacks: their lawyers are too busy camping and communing with nature and chomping on granola to represent them adequately.

8:19 AM, August 26, 2007  
Blogger Rex said...

Yeah, I'm starting to realize this. The kind of personality that would want to go into labor law is not at all likely to get along with the kind of personality among the clientele. The labor unions are all about coal mining and steel smelting and crude jokes over a domestic beer, while the lawyers are all about...uh, drum circles.

3:45 PM, August 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home