Friday, June 08, 2007

Attention to Detail

is a skill I always lacked, and always will. I've known all my life that it will be the cause of my downfall, and yet that changes nothing. How very un-capricorn of me. All the horoscopes say that I must be great at middle-management, office administration work...ha! I'm trying to get one of those jobs now, and every single one of them asks for attention to detail.

I suppose it even got me into trouble in grad school. The minute I start taking on more than I want, the quality suffers; inevitable, like a will of it's own. Today I asked some of my professors if I could list them as references, and wouldn't you know? the one who was on my back the most about being more "papyrologist-like" got the one email where I didn't catch the typo! Oh well. I guess he should be glad I'm not going to be a papyrologist.

I have two or three leads going on with the job search. That's happy-ish news. I wonder, though, if I should hold out for that job in television. You know that Office Space question, if you had a million dollars what would you do? Me, the best reason I want a job is because I can't watch TV all day. It's really not even about the money, it's more about the self-respect.

1 Comments:

Blogger GyangBang said...

Ha! Attention to detail is my downfall as well! I too have always known this so it rules out a lot of specialties - mostly surgery, "whoops, I wasn't supposed to cut that was I?"

4:22 AM, June 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home