Friday, April 13, 2007

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

If I stay there could be trouble. But, on the other hand, if I go it could be double.

Damn! I'm so confused now. As I expected, once I say I'm leaving, people start telling me that things CAN change. So why do I find myself believing it? It's like those mail-in rebates, I should know by now that people will say anything right up until the point of sale, and then it's like, C-ya! No wait, it's more like those abused spouses who keep going back for more because the wifebeater is like, Babe, I swear I've changed! Right, because I've already fallen for that line once, when I was visiting as a prospective.

What's different this time is that I talked with my mentor, and he started suggesting solutions, and soothed my ego with protests that I'm too talented to quit...

Ah, vanity.

The bigger doubt is, as ever, that I'm being too easy a quitter.

Here's a crazy factoid I learned today (from one of the profs I talked to): the main guy who really lobbied for me to come here was...drum roll...VJ's mentor! Oh, the irony! Plus, it hardly makes sense. He does Roman and history, and I do Greek and literature. I was told that his adopted Chinese daughter gives him a soft spot for the advancement of Asian American women, but Jesus Christ! it's funny to think that that could inspire such fierce loyalty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Chinese daughter...advancement of Asian American women...sounds like a huge steaming pile of bullshit.

10:03 PM, April 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home