Saturday, April 21, 2007

Senioritis, Again

Here's one theory as to why I can't focus: for some time now I've actually stopped listening to music. I just now realized it. It must have happened around the time I was having internet troubles. Replacing that minor distraction with a major one (celebrity gossip) might have been a fatal move, because instead of working for long periods with less concentration, I have the 100% boredom which I can't endure, and so I just get up and do something else.

Of course, the more likely theory is that I'm simply getting dumber.

2 Comments:

Blogger GyangBang said...

LOL. Ditto. Apparently when you're younger (aka college days) you have a gatekeeper that helps you focus and keeps unwanted stuff out for long stretches of time. The older you get, the lazier this gatekeeper gets and you often times find yourself jumping from place to place. A lot of people in grad school think they're becoming dumber, including myself, and I think a lot of this has to do with changes in the brain. Like that article you had about not being able to pull all-nighters after you hit around 21. Lol. I need to do some major cramming for a test I have coming up and I STILL can't stay up past 3am... sad but true.. I think we all feel dumber in grad school b/c we compare it to the college days even though apparently in your 20's you're already heading downhill. Sad :-/

10:11 PM, April 25, 2007  
Blogger Rex said...

Haha! I sort of suspected that I wasn't as smart as I remembered myself being.

11:49 PM, April 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home