Sunday, February 11, 2007

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Is it just me or was that movie pointless? I loved the other three Harry Potters, so I know it's not a simple matter of taste. From beginning to end I thought it was totally dumb, or else I was it was too sophisticated for me to get. Was there ever any doubt, from the minute Dumbledore announced that there would be a wizard contest - and that Harry Potter was too young to enter - that Harry Potter STILL would win? Was everyone truly so dumb that they didn't suspect the spastic bionic man with his peeping bionic eye? Since when did Sirius Black have an eastern European accent? The awkward teenage romance and the completely implausible magic were also more excruciating than usual.

It's quite possible, however, that this movie was too sophisticated for me to get. I was watching it after a long day of 10 hours of shopping. Yesterday was supposed to be Ladies Day and Night, in which we originally planned to drive to the outlets an hour+ away, starting at 11am, then to do lunch and more shopping at a different outlet mall, followed by dinner and a Night on the Town. Unforunately, the Ladies Night part of the itinerary fizzled out because of exhaustion, and though we heroically pulled ourselves through a great and delicious dinner, we had to throw in the towel before the drinking and dancing. So, instead of going out after 11pm, I crawled into bed and watched a movie - and not even a tough movie, but a baby-food version of movies...and yet, it still might have been too much.

On the bright side of things, I made some kick-ass steals in the fashion department. I'm gonna look hella cute next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger GyangBang said...

Sorry to break it to ya but all of the Harry Potter movies are dumb :-/ Well ok, I guess I sort of liked the first one.. but not enough to go see any after that.. so I guess for me it is a matter of taste..

10:23 PM, February 11, 2007  
Blogger Rex said...

Well, I'd rather hear that the reason I didn't enjoy the movie was because its sucks, that because it's too sophisticated for me.

3:10 PM, February 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home