Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Frustration

I had a bad section today. I don't know why I have so much trouble holding it together when I'm teaching, but I can just predict that my evaluations will says something like I'm scatterbrained and hard to understand. I was disappointed too because I was hoping that it would get a lot better this week with Euripides' Bacchae, after 2 miserable weeks with Levi-Strauss. It's such an interesting play that I can't understand how I couldn't get a more interesting discussion going.

Perhaps it's the whole "cruel governness" thing come back to bite me. I kind of didn't take the time to be nice this term because I was so fed up last term with all their goddamn whining. It may have had the effect of making them so terrified of me that they won't risk a wrong answer, or so indifferent/hostile to me that they don't feel they need to throw me a frickin bone sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home