Monday, January 15, 2007

Icicles

This weekend produced some of the crappiest weather I have ever seen. It was raining and freezing, sometimes slushy and often icy. I could hardly even use my car because it would be covered it a sheet of solid ice, which made the scraping process not only unpleasant but sometimes very laborious.

The one nice thing that came out of it, however, is that the trees look exceptionally magical now. Between yesterday and today it actually got cold enough to stop raining and start snowing, so that on top of the icicles hanging from the trees is a thin layer of powder snow, and the branches hang lower than usual because of all the weight so that you can see the little beads in the lamplight. If I were to make Christmas decorations, I'd make them look like these trees.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a picture!

10:09 AM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Rex said...

Tried. Not much of a photog.

7:06 PM, January 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home