Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ring the Alarm

What does that even mean? Apparently both Beyonce and Ciara have decided to make it their catch-phrase, which is weird and eerie. If I didn't know better about how mechanical the pop machinery is, I would have thought there was something Twilight Zone-y about the coincidence. As it is, I suspect (totally based on nothing) that Ciara must have written the song first, and then Beyonce must have ripped her off and beat her to the release. Because Beyonce is the bigger star, and it makes sense that the underdog (Ciara) would know better than to pull something like that. Also, I thought it was suspicious how Beyonce released her Ring the Alarm single before we had a chance to get tired of Deja Vu. At the time I just thought it was because Deja Vu sucked so hard.

I wonder if Jay-Z has anything to do with this. I know there's supposed to be some drama between Beyonce and Rhianna because Jay-Z took the latter under wing as his protegee. Crazy wimmen.

* * *

Bring It On was on TV today. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it - and how totally adorable the love interest is (Jesse Bradford?). There were two great lines from Sparky that bears repeating:

"I am a choreographer. You are cheerleaders. And remember, cheerleaders are like dancers...gone retarded."

"Listen up, sweater monkeys!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home