Sunday, March 26, 2006

She Wants Revenge

I got the cd because the words are really dirty, and I have such a weakness for filth. The first thing I noticed was that they were trying to be dance music. The second thing I noticed was that they were not very successful at being dance music. It was the most bizarre sound. A chip off the old Depeche Mode block, and yet, it doesn't get you moving, and once you do try to get moving, it makes you feel awkward.

I think the basic cause of this is that She Wants Revenge lacks a really strong bass beat in all their songs.

Besides that, the tempo is also a little too slow for what they're trying to do. They're using the tempo for hip-hop dance, which is a lot heavier, when what they need is a more upbeat dance-pop/techno beat.

Take my word for it: I may not know music, but I definitely know dance. They won't make it big in the club scenes, although with a little work, they could have had all the potential for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home