Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bad-Tasting Herbal Remedies

My totally super mom is in town this week and next week, and because I'm sick, she came armed with all the crazy old wives' medicines that will hopefully make me all better. My favorite is a spoonful of (medicinal) honey. Another, particularly awful treatment is this powder that smells like old Asian grandpas. You take a small spoonful of it and pour it down your throat, and your not allowed to wash it down with any water.

So far, no progress. At this point, I'm willing to put aside my skepticism of quack cures, if only I can get out of this. Being sick is such a drag.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least your health center didn't tell you that you have a bacterial infection in the streptococcal family that wasn't the treatable strep throat type. Lovely.

11:33 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Rex said...

I'm sorry, that sounds awful. Feel better soon! Maybe you can't find a cure once you join the ranks of doctors, who convince me more and more every day that they're pretty useless. Their best advice is always drink more water. Am I wrong?

6:13 PM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home