Saturday, September 03, 2005

Is This Dumb?

When I mentioned to my new advisor that I do ballet, she said that she did too and was now a part of a Scottish social dance group, which utilizes many of the positions one learns in ballet. Then she asked me if I would be interested, as the group is always recruiting for new dancers.

I said I'd think about it. Now, was I being a complete dolt? Was that a God-sent opportunity for me to form a real relationship with my advisor without prostrating myself like a hateful lackey? Or, would joining the group only be a dumb suck-up scheme, all the more hateful because it's so transparent?

Maybe she doesn't even care what my ulterior motives are. I know from experience that sometimes you're just plain desperate for members.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home