Sunday, August 28, 2005

Difference between College Town and Suburb - Sex Offender Edition

I was (a tad) relieved when I did a Megan's Law search in my quiet suburban neighborhood and found that most of the registered sex offenders were child molesters. That percentage goes down drastically when I search my new college neighborhood. A mere one-fourth, instead of the approximately 80%. That means that the age of the average offender goes down drastically, too. I guess if you're going to commit sexual assault (the most popular crime here - yikes!), you can't be a sextagenarian (pun). To the credit of my new neighborhood, or to the damnation of my old, the sex-offender-per-capita ratio here is much lower...or maybe the area covered by my zip code is smaller. I can't tell. All I know is that my new abode is more densely populated, but the number of sex offenders is roughly the same.

I reminded myself just now of an old Conan joke:
It is rumored that Sean Connery may be starring again in a new James Bond movie. The name of that movie will be "Octagenarian Pussy."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing most of the sex offenders in your area are date-rapists. So, beware when you go out on dates!

4:40 PM, August 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home