Friday, September 02, 2005

It's like a per-city variable

Birds of a feather flock together - in this case, couples who like to hold hands. It shocked me when I went to UC Davis once, and I'm being shocked all over again now in this little pocket of whatever city I'm in. It's so tacky, this PDA. But then I remember that my first boyfriend was a hand-holder, and it was a regional thing for him too, but back then it wasn't gross.

* * *

I've started watching The OC season 1 on DVD. Boy, did that show take a plunge season 2! I'm actually riveted, and the drama is not stupid or forced. Season 2, for me, was always about the one or two fabulous one-liners that would save the whole episode...but I don't need it anymore. Though season 1 certainly isn't lacking in the one-liner department.

SANDY: Since when did you become so cynical?
KIRSTEN: Since when did you become so self-righteous?
SANDY: I've always been self-righteous!

[After the Newport wives give Sandy grief about "the police spend all this time taking felons off the street and Sandy Cohen puts them right in my backyard."]
SANDY: Well, I'm going to work. I'm off to find the next delinquent to vandalize the community. Maybe this time I'll bring home a black kid...or an Asian kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home