Sunday, September 11, 2005

Faux Pas

1.
Yesterday I went over to a friend's house to watch Monty Pyton - incidentally, not a fan, as per my prior hunch. I just don't think Brits are as funny as they seem to think they are. Anyhoo, I brought over some pineapple pieces with the intention of sharing them, since a whole pineapple is a bit more than I can finish by myself. My friend, however, interpreted this gesture to mean that he could have the whole thing for himself, and he didn't put any of the pineapple out while we were watching tv. Perhaps he overestimated the thanks due to him for introducing me to Monty Python; because surely I didn't think it was all that special a gift.

2.
Me: Sorry I couldn't make it last night.
(different) Friend: That's okay. There were like ten other people there.

What am I, a number?

Me: Well, ten others can't replace one of me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. What a dork.

2. What a dork.

10:22 PM, September 11, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

You're telling me. These are actually the "cool" people I've met so far.

12:50 PM, September 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:07 PM, September 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think everyone who blogs is addicted to blogs --

my secret addiction is google stalking people to find their xangas/blogspots/livejournals. except for yours -- i got it real legit -- i promise =)


i'll never forget the tantalizing things you shared in hermosa beach! esp at the seafood place...heh heh

9:40 PM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

Sorry love, I just realized that I had to delete your comment. Security issues, such as name/gender and location. I like to kid myself into thinking that a moderately discerning person couldn't figure all that stuff out anyway.

Hey, I have no problem with people reading my blog, legit or not...well, as long as I know they're not crazy. I only wish more people would visit, because that makes me feel cool.

Ah yes, the seafood place! Those were some good times. With great knowledge comes great responsibility. I have no responsibility.

10:09 PM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger GyangBang said...

Well your blog name is relatively far from your real name, i guess if someone really wanted to they could figure out mine with ease. I certainly dont want certain people reading it since I shit talk so much :) But yeah, I've stopped using people's real names in blogs unless they use them themselves..

2:45 PM, September 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home