Monday, August 08, 2005

Jack Johnson

That was by far the best-looking concert I've ever been to. Normally I find myself in a music scene that is extremely old, or not a day over fourteen, or just plain dweeby. So where do all the hip kids go? Here. The sold-out Jack Johnson concert was like walking into a huge frat house; there even wafted the smell of a frat house (cheap beer) as soon as I walked in. Best of all, there were no unaccompanied minors - amazing!

While my friend and I were driving through the parking lot, a guy walking by himself said, "Hey there." I accidently made eye contact with him, briefly, before I drove away. Then little further down the road, we got stopped in traffic, and the same guy caught up with us, this time with his friends.

GUY: Hey there. [To friend] See, that's how it's done.
[The guy's friend murmers something.]
GUY: That's okay. What matters is that you make them look.
HIS FRIEND: Except that they didn't look!

I didn't tell them so, but I have to give them props for laughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home