Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Exercise

I had a thought as to why I'm depressed for like 3 out of the 7 days every week: I stopped dancing this year. This means that I get almost no exercise, because I only go to the gym when I have reading that's portable enough to do on the cycling machine - and even then, the cycling machine has to win out over reading in bed. And forget about swimming; I mean, it's funner than the gym, but I've realized that my time at the pool is 100% PAIN, between the gasping and the drowning and the muscle cramps and the feelings of inadequacy as all the old ladies pass me up. I stopped dancing this year because it requires a steady commitment, and I just couldn't do it with my chronic sleep deprivation and exhaustion. And anyways, I'm way too out of shape to dance now. I was always a little too heavy to be a dancer even in my prime (a well-rounded size 9/10), but now I'm getting on to be rotund even by lay-person standards (no numbers!).

I think my sitting on my ass all day long is deteriorating my psyche.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home