Thursday, May 05, 2005

Missing My Happy Donuts Girl

When she's not there to regulate, all manner of creepos start to try to befriend me. One of these days, I swear, I'm going to work up the nerve to say, "I'm sorry, that's none of your business," when some delusional middle-aged man asks me where I go to school, or some other question that is equally none of his business.

So I figured out why I've become such a nasty person lately. When people treat you like you're a fucking commodity, funny thing, you start acting like a fucking commodity. I know that none of these pervs want to talk to me because I'm brilliant or witty or kind or fun-loving; they bother me simply because I'm nubile, and I don't know, there's this weird premium on nubileness so that losers get some kind of sick high if a nubile person so much as sneezes in their direction. It makes them feel, like, validated or something. Well, no more! I will not be their commodity! I need to start getting savvier about people, before their sick needs tarnish irrevocably my faith in the fundamental goodness and nobility of the human spirit - not to mention, before I start loving myself for all the wrong reasons.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby! I was waiting for you to call... Happy Donuts with you is a standing date. I miss you muchly. See you tonight for some non-studying action?

7:32 AM, May 05, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

I'm sorry! I was planning on staying until sunrise to finish my Incomplete paper, so I didn't want to force you to suffer with me. As for tonight...well. paper is still not finished, and I haven't even started on Friday's seminar. So I'm afraid it's more Red Bulls for me and...Happy Donuts? I won't stay as late tonight.

11:01 AM, May 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally needed to pull an all nighter for this midterm - now I'm stuck Owl Pal-ing but I still have to finish the midterm. Panic attack!!

11:38 AM, May 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home