Friday, January 28, 2005

I Knew It First

I'm not going to name names because the last thing I want is to make my blog a tabloid. Suffice to say that there is a celebrity couple that broke up recently; they've given me one bit of insight on relationships.

I knew they were going to break up long before it happened. I saw on a tabloid show a while back that for an anniversary present, the husband bought the wife cooking lessons. The tabloid crooned over how romantic that was, while I sputtered in disbelief. It was NOT romantic. The celebrity wife could definitely afford her own cooking lessons if she so wanted, so the present was more or less an insult on her cooking abilities. Whether the husband was trying to make a statement, or whether it was just a douchebag mistake, the gift presaged trouble in paradise. Utilitarian presents are risky like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home