Thursday, January 27, 2005

We're a Happy Family

I'm listening to the Ramones right now, on my new Christmas present iPod. It's awesome! Its clarity of sound has allowed me to pick up on something just now that I hadn't noticed before.

During the out-tro of "We're a Happy Family," there's this pastiche of conversations, like a bunch of bitching and fighting. There's one voice that comes out more clearly than the others, the closer you get to the end: it's the classic Ramones moron "pinhead" persona, except here, I think he's supposed to be the asshole dad who lies on a sweat-stained couch all day scratching himself. Among the things he says are: "What's in it for me? Hey, where are my socks? Where are my underwear?" Well...have you noticed that one of the first things you can hear him saying is, "What is minimalism?"

Whoa! I mean, what a multi-layered character! It knocked my socks off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home