Saturday, May 10, 2008

U Turn

After many years, there's still just one word to sum up this movie: PSYCHOTIC.

By the by, watching Fuse's movies is exposing me to a stream of this kind of thing.

I remember a conversation I had with my English and creative writing teacher in high school. He mentioned that he was writing a screenplay about a high school teacher taking a trip to Vegas, and shenanigans happening along the way. "Oh, like that movie U Turn?" I asked; I had just caught it on tv, about the last half. "Yeah, it's sort of like that," he said, "only less...psychotic."

After watching the movie in full length just now, I'm at a loss for another description that would fit so 100%. It's what Requiem for a Dream was trying to be, except it took a wrong turn (a "u turn" if you will) into Depressingville. Strangely, U Turn isn't depressing. It's crazy, it's sick, it's live frustration, but it's also kind of funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home