Friday, December 28, 2007

www.meetup.com

Is this pathetic? Have I hit bottom? I discovered this site today while I was trying to research the surfing at Bolsa Chica; a woman at a surf shop last week said that it's a pretty good place for longboarding, but my usual source (surfline) didn't have any location info. Then a google search found that there's a surfing group in the OC that meets up at Bolsa Chica sometimes. Remembering my mom's advice about finding group activities (translation: husbands), I signed myself up for the surf meetup. And to obey my mom even further, I went ahead and signed up for an LA Korean culture and language group.

I'll let you know how it plays out. Assuming I don't end up in a body bag first. Just kidding.

Other activities I need to take up: Greek, Latin (maybe), Shakespeare or other book club, German, politics, cooking, sewing, and French. I may look into the community college for these last 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home