Monday, July 02, 2007

Why I Don't Follow Politics

"In April 2005, USW President Gerard announced that the newly-merged USW's top political objective for the 2006 United States House of Representatives elections would be the ouster of Representative Tom DeLay."

Ha! This cracked me up. The United Steelworkers is this huge mega-union - that my potential future workplace represents - and when I came across this bit of wiki research I wondered what DeLay could have done to be the Number One target of metals, manufacturing, paper and forestry, chemicals, health care, pharmaceuticals, public employees, mining, and energy and utilities.

I was not prepared for the whole story. I thought DeLay was the run-of-the-mill corrupt $-skimming politician; but in fact, the man is Hilter. There isn't a single sin he missed, as a flunkie, tax-evader, earth-hater, alcoholic, adulterer, born-again Christian, family-betrayer, strong-arm intimidator, arts-hater, Russia/Cuba sell-out, perjurer, pro-lifer, intelligent-designer, power-abuser, and finally, my favorite, hypocrite.

Knowing that Hilter is running your country could keep a person awake at night. At least it's all over now. As far as I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home