Saturday, June 30, 2007

Super Troopers

I forgot to mention the other day that after 3 years, I finally finished watching the end of Super Troopers. I saw the first part of it in some kind of a party setting, and I suppose it didn't interest me enough to seek out the rest purposefully. Anyways, I saw the whole thing on TV, and though the plot was still too involved, I saw more of it that I liked than before. The Farva character is great; he reminds me of that guy Sampson in grad school, who futilely tried to come up with nicknames for everything.

"Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun. His are cruel and tragic."

"License and registration...CHICKENFUCKER!"

Oh mercy! I think I like cruel and tragic best. If I think about my favorite comedies - Divorce Italian Style; There's Something About Mary; Jackass; Eric Cartman - they all share a streak of cruelty.

FYI: If you were to ask me how it's possible for a guy to get his game on without making a sleaze out of himself, I would point to the Foster character. In case you were wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home