Monday, June 19, 2006

Fat Wishes

Pardon the gayness of this post.

If we could choose our own body types - and each type came with certain sacrifices - which would we choose? For example, the first place where I show fat is in my face, a fact that was made indignantly clear to me when I saw myself in some recent photos. I mean, it's not even a matter of putting on pounds; if I don't work out for a while and get in general soft, instantaneously, my widening chin betrays it. On the other hand, I can keep a flat stomach through pretty much all abuse, with little effort.

I'm thinking of at least two nameless friends, in addition to Marilyn Monroe, whose body types are the exact opposite: prone to fat, but their face always holds a fatless shape. If I could magically trade places with them, would I? Would they want to trade places with me? I'm not sure. I guess that's life: sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home