Monday, June 05, 2006

Andrew WK Blogging Again!

I'm a little disappointed that it's through myspace, because you run into a whole lot of solipsistic loner babbling around there, and it's even worse when it's a "fan" persona. I'm a fan of many things, including Andrew WK, but I still recognize that a fan is one of the lamer personas you can adopt.

That having been said, I like to think that my dutiful fanhood of Andrew WK was in part responsible for him taking up his blog again. Earlier this year, I sent a note through his website urging him to keep writing, and a few months later - get this - I called him up and left him a message! It was one of those what-the-hell moments I had when I checked the website for updates, but found a phone number instead.

The man's blogging is still in top form, but I think he might be a little more world-weary than he used to be. I always got a kick out of his stuff because he would discourse in this totally crazy/impossible Pollyanna-on-LSD optimistic way that truly got you wondering if he actually believed what he was saying, or if it was just a fun fiction. Thus, not only was his writing hilarious, but it was also a bit of a mind puzzle.

Does Andrew WK still have his old touch? We'll have to see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a brilliant blogger in my book, rex.

10:16 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger Rex said...

Thanks ;-)

Clarification: I just noticed that I condemned myspace's solipsistic loner babbling as if the blog were not the most solipsistic thing in the universe. Obviously I have no problem with people babbling on and on about themselves. What I was trying to say was I want to read Andrew WK's babbling, but I DON'T want to read his fans chiming in with "I agree with everything Andrew just said," etc.

1:20 PM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home