Saturday, February 11, 2006

Moulin Rouge

What a dismal movie! Normally I can't stop watching a movie in the middle of it, just because I need closure and a part of me hopes that it will get better - I even watched all of the god-awful Moonlight and Valentino, starring Jon Bon Jovi - but Moulin Rouge was unbearable. I think it was the way they used modern pop songs for all their musical numbers that convinced me that, even if it turned out to be an okay movie, it would never be worth all the pain.

I remember when I first heard the theory, "All Nicole Kidman movies suck," one skeptic ventured, by way of counterargument, "What about Moulin Rouge?" The theorist answered, "Like I said, all Nicole Kidman movies suck." I fair-mindedly tried to withhold judgment til I saw Moulin Rouge, even though I was pretty convinced on the other evidence. Now I know for sure that the theory is bullet proof. Nicole Kidman was particuarly unwatchable. Her "acting" looked liked just a whole lot of histrionic screeching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home