Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Prick

In my generation, I'm not too much of a narc. For example, if a friend misses a class, I have no problem making him a copy of my notes. In general, I'm okay with sharing answers as long is it won't get me suspended. If it's something important, then I might refuse to supply a free hand-out - sometimes even if it's a friend, and sometimes, in rare theoretical situations (like when a sorority president asks a sister if she could copy and reword slightly a paper they both have to write for an English class), even if there are extenuating circumstances.

Kids these days must do things differently. Today in my German class (with undergrads), some no-neck I've never seen before asks me what we had to do for homework last night. I show him the pages in my workbook. He flips through them a minute, and asks, "Can I copy this?"

"Um, NO." I think emphatically not! Not only was the teacher standing six feet away, but also, we all have to take hits like that now and then, and all the rest of us just suck it up.

That was some nerve. This is why I hate jocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home