Sunday, January 29, 2006

I Feel Better Now

I emailed The Jilter. My awesome friend, Yeah I Can Ride a Horse, pointed out that I was the one who got stood up, so it wouldn't be unreasonable for me to ask for an explanation. I think I'm so used to being the crazy paranoid party that I sometimes lose sight of what's my due. Like in this present case, HE was clearly acting more psycho than ME.

After I sent off the email, I immediately felt released from an enormous burden. It may be the hunger/fatigue of the hour talking, but I think I might not care anymore. I did everything I could do to make a good thing work, so if I lost my last chance for happiness, it certainly isn't my fault.

As for the rest, c'est la vie. As my awesome brother said, "What did you expect? You have to stay away from the good-looking ones."

(Of course, there are plenty of delusional ugly ones as well, who are capable of just as much assholery... Case in point, my brother's roommate. And Sam the law student. Nevertheless, it may be a good maxim to be on guard with the handsome face.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home