Sunday, December 18, 2005

Google Good Men

I remember this old Onion Infographic that was joking about all the new projects that Google was going to launch. One of them was Google Good Men: because a good man is so hard to find, ha ha!

Anyways, that was a long time ago. Yesterday, completely by chance, I happened to watch the last ten minutes of Batman, and right after that, something else. Batman had to save Vicky Vale because Joker had kidnapped her. I thought: superheroes are so dumb, why do they always insist on keeping a special lady around when they know she will become a liability? Besides, like I'm supposed to believe that millionaire Bruce Wayne would have only one girlfriend, when hundreds of gold-diggers are probably storming down his door. Peter Parker I can understand, because he's shy with the ladies, and Superman because he's morally infallible. But Bruce Wayne looks like any other Y-chromosome, only richer; the only reason he'd keep a girlfriend is if he wanted to do his enemies a special favor, ie give them a hostage.

Then the movie ended, and I clicked to 50's "21 Questions" video. With the Batman reflections fresh in my mind, the following made me do a double-take:

"If I was with some other chick and someone happened to see?
And when you asked me about it I said it wasn't me
Would you believe me? Or up and leave me?
How deep is our bond if that's all it takes for you to be gone?"

Didn't he just SAY that he was with some other chick, and that he outright LIED when Shorty confronted him? And then he goes and implies that the problem is SHE'S not committed enough. Unbelievable! The bullshit that women are expected to take, that men think is totally reasonable to throw at them. It is consummately outrageous, like you can't even make up.

But then I did a double-take because it hit me: as much as Bruce Wayne is supposed to represent normative behavior, and as much as the 50 scenario is totally outrageous, isn't it true that we are about 8000 times more likely to meet a 50-type person than a Bruce Wayne type?

I guess that explains why I've never been able to keep a man. As long as women all over the world continue to put up with being shat upon by all that ridiculousness, I will continue to be unable to keep a man. You can't compete with a dumb ho, that's the truth.

But that's okay. I kinda realized that being single is my natural modus operandi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home