Thursday, July 07, 2005

Favorite Sex/City Boyfriends

Let me preface this by saying that I'm aware this blog is turning into an exclusive discussion about one tv show. This tends to happen when, say, you have no life. But today was a great day: my Prince Hits 2 came in the mail (approval from you know who you are). I may or may not write about that later. I actually have a good amount of good blog material in my head right now, but I happened to be too exhausted to tackle any big subjects.

Anyhoo.

Years back, before I had seen too many episodes of Sex and the City, I remember sharing with a friend a certain grievance, that the show is primed to showcase hunks (4 new love-interests per week), but somehow refuses to deliver: most of the boyfriends are kinda plain and/or fug. Even the ones who are supposed to be great for other reasons (Trey, Big [sorry], etc.) are basically wankers. To this my friend (male, straight) said, "I like Steve. He's so cute." Well, okay...I can get behind that.

It seems like the show got better at writing men and/or women's fantasies later in its career. Here's my top 5:

1. Harry
2. Smith Jarrod
3. Steve
4. Aidan
5. Robert Leeds

* * *

I'm sorry, I should probably say something about the tragedy that happened today in London. Terrible, terrible thing. Oh, who am I kidding? Mostly, I'm just relieved that it didn't happen to my city; beyond that, I almost don't want to know what happened. Maybe if it were closer to home...or farther.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home