Saturday, July 02, 2005

The K-Man is a Swimmer!

I was so proud of my little guy! He learned to swim today. It took a while for him to stop running away from the waves, but he was in there paddling after about half an hour in the water, which doesn't seem too shabby a learning curve.

Then he decided to poo right there where the tide was coming in - while I stood by watching it wash away, helpless, horrified, and humiliated - and I decided right then that it was time to go home. The ocean is pretty gross...now.

Awesome day. Blew off my asswipe of a personal trainer, woke up, ate, went to the beach, showered, ate, watched Sex and the City (first half of season 5). This season is not that great. A slight case of Nothing Happens. Except Charlotte, surprisingly. Her thing with Harry is sweet.

Notable quotables (what did I rip that off from? Jeopardy?):

"Stanford: ...you have to promise not to judge.
Carrie: Do I judge?
Stanford: We all judge. That's our hobby. Some people do arts and crafts; we judge."

"I[Heart]OCGOP" - vanity plate I saw today at the beach. God, could you embrace a stereotype?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is OCGOP?

3:15 AM, July 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the name "K-Man"... I always find it really amusing when people refer to animals in a very human sense. Just today, for instance, someone was talking about some type of beetle, and said, "they're very strange people." Or in Moby Dick, when he introduces the different types of whales in the Cetology section: "this gentleman is known to inhabit the Indian Ocean"... or some such thing like that.

3:47 PM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

Orange County Grand Old Party. The car was being driven by some vacuous-looking bleach head, to put it judgmentally.

As for the K-Man, I ripped that moniker straight from his namesake, who was also sometimes called that. I decided to go with the nickname in order to protect my dog's anonymity.

4:24 PM, July 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home