Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"Love flies out the door when money comes innuendo"

I wonder if it's possible to make innuendos that aren't sexual innuendos. I'm sure it must have been done before, but no examples come to mind. A sexual innuendo is something where it looks like you're talking about, say, pets, but you're actually talking about a body part; for example, "I never forget a pussy...cat" (Austin Powers). Could there ever be a case where it looks like you're talking about, say, barbeque, but you're actually talking about politics? There's a pop culture challenge.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Innuendo may only come with taboo topics. You can talk about a barbeque and have it mean something horrible, say, I'm grilling a beef patty to mean torturing some poor POW or something. Well, maybe I've watched too much Alias again. But yeah, taboo topics.

1:36 AM, May 14, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

Brilliant! I like that a lot.

4:04 AM, May 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home