Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Personal Platonism

For me, the Form of good rock n roll is Guns N' Roses. This is what music should sound like. All other good music - even in different genres - are derivations, while all bad music are corruptions. Once upon a time, I locked in on the arena rock element (a la the Illusions) and traced it in the grandiosity of Dream Theater; then the thrash (You Could Be Mine), hence Megadeth; then AC/DC (obviously); then the ambience (The Garden), hence Type O Negative; and now, finally, the punk, hence the Ramones. Then the Ramones kinda went on to become a Form of their own...

Does that negate the very theory of the Forms? I hope not. Appetite for Destruction has always been my alpha and my omega.

For me, the Form of the Dog is the yellow labrador. Floppy ears, big-ish size, short hair, personality. Chocolate labs come close, but their dark color hides the soulful dog-eyes that are central to the dog-image. German shepherds are too wolf-like; Pomeranians too toy-like; golden retrievers too glamorous; yappy dogs too yappy. As Da P would say, "You might as well be a cat."

Why am I constantly blogging? Alas I have a paper to write!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home