Saturday, February 18, 2006

Theme and Variation

I had my one recurring dream last night, but this time it was significantly different. I was at the Vatican or someplace very religious and solemn, and I had to take a dump badly (this is new; normally I just go, without noting the physical sensation of having to go in my dream). I visit the (coed) bathroom, and in there are two wise old guys reading scriptural stories, and otherwise all is quiet. I realize that I'm too embarrassed to drop a crap and disturb their quiet, so I leave. But the need to go is so strong that presently I return. I try to crawl under into the nearest stall (I do not know why I didn't just walk through the door), but I'm blocked by a pair a feet. I pull out and look around, and I notice that the entire bathroom is filled with crappers and the gentle sound of plopping craps. Some of the stall doors are open, and the crappers I make eye-contact with smile and wave. Meanwhile, the two guys reading continue to read.

This is a complete reversal of my normal dream, where I'm in a public place taking a crap in a stall-less toilet; but this much was the same: I was still wondering, "Why doesn't anyone but me feel embarrassed about this?"

I don't know what this dream means. I'm usually the ballsy one, the last person to feel self-conscious about anything. Perhaps I need to channel my inner shy person through dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home