Friday, February 18, 2005

Joy

Fuck yeah! I got admitted to University of Michigan and UT Austin! This is just incredible. After 5 years of NOT getting what I want - scholarships, accolades, boys, dance teams; and don't think I didn't try! (okay, well I kind of half-assed my dance ambitions) - things are suddenly gliding like butter. I guess there's something to be said about Providence, and life letting you know what you should be doing.

Funny thing: one of the first things I felt this morning, as soon as I got this double-shot of good news, within minutes of each other, was guilt. I will never escape my neuroses, and I guess you'll never stop hearing about them, alas. Basically, I figured I did a fantastic job misrepresenting myself - as you're supposed to do in any admissions application, right? - but now that they've actually bought into it, I feel kinda bad. There's consolation in the fact that I can accept only one offer, and so I won't be letting anyone else down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home